In this issue …
- SCNV Collegiate Scholarship
- Cardinal Classic
- Test Sessions
- Annual Meeting and Volunteer Appreciation
- Annual Banquet
- Blades of Summer
- Club Ice
- Did you know?!
- SCNV Important Dates and Reminders
SCNV Collegiate Scholarship applications due April 21 (extended from April 15)
Each year, SCNV provides scholarship aid to club members who are graduating High School
Seniors who meet certain criteria. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Primary Member (full or associate) of SCNV in the current year;
- SCNV has been the skater’s home club for at least the three previous years, one year of which the skater must have subscribed to Club Ice (Theatre on Ice or Membership in National Blades is considered subscribed);
- Be a member in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating;
- Be a high school graduating senior, and;
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-‐year or four-‐year college, university or vocational-‐technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
If you meet these criteria or have a friend or family member who does, please visit the Collegiate Scholarship page under SCNV membership for more information or to apply. Applications are due Sunday,
The May test session is full. Please contact email@example.com for availability or questions.
Annual Meeting and Volunteer Appreciation – Save the Date
May 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM and Dondes Family Home
Please join us for our Annual Meeting followed by an adult only celebration of our volunteers who help make our programs and events possible.
Email invitations were sent on April 13th. If you did not receive an invitation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Please look for complete details under the Annual Meeting and Elections page.
Banquet – Save the Date
June 2, 2019
4:30 to 8:00 PM
Springfield Country Club (new venue, same fantastic event!)
Looking for creative individual interested in pulling together our annual banquet video. If this is you, please contact email@example.com to discuss details. The video is a favorite part of our annual banquet, but we need your help to make it happen.
National Blades synchronized skating will again proudly represent SCNV in the 2019-20 season. We still have spaces left on our Open Juvenile and Pre Juvenile teams.
Please come out and see how much fun representing our club as a synchro team member can be!
Open try out dates remain on Wednesday, April 24th at 6:50 to 7:50 PM, and on Sunday, April 28th at 3:40 to 5:00 PM at the Prince William Ice Center (PWIC). Please contact Teresa Yuengert for further information.
The Spring Session continues until June 10th for both Joe Griffin’s Off Ice class, plus Jonathon and Nadia Hodgkinson’s Components class. Rolling registration with prorated pricing continues for both classes and the Freestyle session.
Advance Pick-up at $15.50 is now available under the “Contract Ice” menu in EntryEeze. Same day Pick-up is $18.00 (cash or check) space permitting.
Our Monday evening schedule is:
- 6:45 PM (20 minutes) – Off Ice/Warm Up with Joe Griffin (12 classes)
- 7:25 PM (20 minutes) – Components class with Jonathon and Nadia Hodgkinson (12 classes)
- 7:45 PM (40 minutes) – Freestyle Session
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?!
Did you know that the Axel jump was created by Norwegian figure skater Axel Paulsen in 1882? It was the first jump to take off forward and rotate 1 and 1/2 revolutions.
SCNV Important Dates/Reminders
April 21: SCNV Collegiate Scholarship Deadline
May 9-11: May Day Competition
May 17: Annual Membership Meeting
May 19: Test Session at Fairfax Ice Arena
May 28: Deadline to register for National Qualifying Series
June 2: SCNV Banquet
June 2: Blades of Summer Compete USA Competition
June 7-9: Excel Series Final @ Coral Springs, FL
June 9: Test Session at Fairfax Ice Arena
June 14-17: Grassroots to Champions Seminar
June 17-18: Richmond Figure Skating Club Jump Clinic, including Spins and Steps with Brian Orser and Doug Haw
June 19-22: Chesapeake Open (entry deadline May 12)
June 25-29: National TOI Competition at Pelham, AL
July 13: Test Session at Fairfax Ice Arena
July 12-21: Skate Wilmington
July 31-August 4: State Games of America
August 7-11: Hershey Open (entry deadline April 15)
August 10: Test Session at Fairfax Ice Arena