In this issue …
- Membership Renewal Reminder!
- Annual Banquet/Outdoor Celebration News 8/9
- Adult Skater Virtual Get-To-Know-You “Happy Hours”
- Adult Virtual Camp with Scott Hamilton and Team! 8/7-9
- Skate Wilmington 9/1-6
- Annual Meeting 9/7
- SCNV Important Dates and Reminders
Membership Renewal Reminder!
Thinking of testing or competing soon? Please remember to renew your USFS membership for the 2020-21 season. A valid membership as a skater, coach or official is your first step to all available programs, scholarships, committees and the gateway to sectional, regional, national competitions up to ISU and USOC events. Reach for the stars!
Need help? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Banquet/Outdoor Celebration News 8/9
RSVPs and photos/video clips for our montage were all due 7/30. Please contact email@example.com if you did not RSVP but intended to do so. You may also still send photos/video clips to firstname.lastname@example.org up to this Sunday, 8/2 only.
The SCNV annual banquet is a time to celebrate last season and look ahead to the new one with skating friends old and new. Admittedly, this year’s event will look a little different. For those of you that are attending:
1) Please mail in your payment if you have not done so. Contact email@example.com if you have questions or to let her know that the payment is in the mail.
2) Please be prepared to social distance as you agreed to when you RSVP’d. All attendees will sit with their family unit, adhere to 6 feet social distancing and be required to wear a mask.
3) If you are sick, have a temperature or have been in contact with anybody that has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home.
4) Adults – alcohol and tobacco products are not permitted on the property.
5) PLEASE check your email the day of the event in case we need to reschedule due to inclement weather (and put in a little prayer now for good weather because the extended forecast looks questionable).
Adult Skater Virtual Get-To-Know-You “Happy Hours” (Ongoing)
Hi all adult skaters! We hope you are well and thriving during this time. We miss seeing your lovely faces, and would love to establish regular virtual get-togethers! Please fill out the quick survey on what day/time works best for you: https://forms.gle/pGd4ySkXWGozZj7h8
Hope to see you all soon! If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Virtual Camp with Scott Hamilton and Team!
Camp Dates: 8/7-9
Scott Hamilton, Kori Ade, and coaches are providing an amazing adult skater camp! “We understand schedules are hard to coordinate – #adulting! Therefore, we will automatically send you the full recordings of each session to enjoy for up to a month from the actual event date. Join us for everything live, or just a few here and there based on what your schedules will allow. For additional event details, available packages, registration and more, please visit: www.sharp4sports.com/adultcamp
Skate Wilmington 9/1-6
Skate Club of Wilmington has announced their 54th annual Skate Wilmington will open for registration on 7/10 via your USFS EMS login. Please see Skate Wilmington 2020 for details.
Annual Meeting 9/7
The club’s annual membership meting is scheduled for 9/7 at 7:00 PM via teleconference only (zoom). Link to follow with agenda and reports prior to meeting date. All prior and current season adult members and parent/guardians of junior members are welcome to join the call. Per our bylaws, only current 2020-21 members are eligible to vote on the slate of nominees for election to the board of directors, along with other annual meeting business. More information is found on the Annual Meeting and Elections page.
Questions? Please contact our club president (email@example.com).
SCNV Important Dates/Reminders (subject to change)
August 9: Moves/Free Skate/Dance Test Session @ FIA 7:00-11:50am
August 9: Club Awards Event (Hylton Club across from PWIC)
August 12-16: Hershey Open and adults only Neal Wood Memorial
September 1-6: Skate Wilmington
September 7: Annual Meeting (teleconference only)