In this issue …
- Fall Season News
- Club Ice Now Open
- 2023 Cardinal Classic News
- Did you know?!
Fall Season News
Fall is officially here! (and to those celebrating Rosh Hashanah, Shana Tova!) That means our traditional and favorite holidays are just around the corner. The club is planning the following family events, with dates and details to be announced soon.
- October – Bowling Night and Jr. Board Halloween Party
- November – Coach’s Appreciation Month
- December – Club Holiday Party
- Fall/Winter – Adult Skating’s “Sip and Skate” with WFSC
Many of our skaters are participating in local competitions and we wish you all the best of luck! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions of our upcoming social events.
Club Ice Now Open
Members and guest skaters are welcome to drop in anytime at Fairfax Ice Arena with the following schedule:
- Sunday Freestyle sessions (40 minutes) at 11:20am to 12:00pm
- Monday Freestyle sessions (40 minutes) at 8:05pm to 8:45pm
- Monday Solo Pattern Dance sessions (New! 2 classes of 20 minutes each) at 7:25pm to 8:05pm
See our Club Ice web page for details. Skaters must be a club associate or secondary member to apply.
Prefer to have Club Ice for a day at another rink? We need to hear from you! (ideally you and 11 other skaters) Please contact email@example.com.
2023 Cardinal Classic News
Calling all and any artists! Would you be interested in designing a t-shirt for the 2023 Cardinal Classic? Artwork must be in digital format. If interested, email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know?!
As recent as 2015, skating fans at international competitions are known to throw “plushies” or stuffed animal toys onto the ice after a competitor(s) finish their program. One reason why is that the “plushies” are soft enough to toss onto the ice without damaging it and causing a safety hazard for the skaters. Another is the ban of flowers thrown onto the ice prior to 9/11. (InsideHook 2/17/22)