In this issue …
- Jr. Board Meeting – 10/15
- Let’s Go Bowling! – 10/20
- Send Off Exhibition – 10/22
- Stars and Stripes Synchro Invitational – 11/4
- Adult Stroking Seminar – 11/5
- HS Seniors – Graduating Seniors Award
- Club Ice News
- Did You Know?!
We are thrilled to announce our upcoming Junior Board Meeting on October 15th at 2:00pm at Fairfax Ice Arena! We hope to see some new faces!
Here’s what’s in store for our exciting agenda:
- Posters – We will kick off the meeting with making posters for the upcoming sectionals.
- Halloween Party – October 28th at Fairfax Ice Arena from 12:00pm – 3:00pm. Activities include face paintings and games. Sam will provide further details, including schedule sign-ups.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive – Emily has chosen FACETS as our designated charity organization. For more information, please visit their website https://facetscares.org/. Emily will provide further details.
- Bake Sale – during Fairfax Ice Arena Christmas show on December 15th and December 16th.
- Holiday Party – update on the status of planning from Edward. Tentative date is December 8th from 6:30pm to 10:30pm. We will need help! Edward will provide further details, including schedule sign-ups. Potluck? Collaborate with Ms. Natalie and Mr. Park.
- Tentative Party schedule:
- 6:30pm – 7:15pm setup
- 7:15pm – 10:00pm party
- 10:00pm – 10:30pm cleanup
- Spiritwear – update on the status of our Spiritwear offerings.
- Buddy Program – discussion on this initiative will be postponed until our January meeting.
We are looking forward to a productive and fun-filled meeting. Edward, our secretary, will be providing snacks. Please reply to email@example.com to RSVP.
See you on October 15th at FIA!
Let’s strike up some fun!!
New Date! Please join us for bowling on Friday, October 20th at 6:00PM.
Location: Uptown Alley
8300 Sudley Rd Suite A06, Manassas, VA 20109
Please RSVP here including number of kids, adults and ticket purchased. (Ex. 2 kids 2 adults 3 tickets)
Tickets (for both kids and adults who want to bowl) are $24 plus tax per person, available here.
Foods, drinks, desserts and $10 game card will be provided.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in celebrating Team SCNV heading to Mid-Atlantics/Sectionals on Sunday, October 22nd at 11AM at FIA.
The Stars & Stripes Synchro Invitational is just around the corner – Nov 4th at Prince William Ice Center. We have over 30 teams participating! Come out to cheer on and support the skaters, and watch some incredible team skating. You may purchases tickets on Eventbrite here. Additionally, we are looking for volunteers to make our first synchro competition phenomenal. We have many ways you can do so (and admission to watch is free!). Click here to view the Sign-Up Genius.
The SCNV Adult Committee is hosting an Adult Stroking Seminar on November 5 at Prince William Ice Center. This half day event will include a 40 minute stroking class, an off-ice ballet class, practice ice, and a skater education session with a USFS Judge about skating and competing in the IJS as an adult.
While there is no test requirement, skaters should be age eligible for the adult test track, and comfortably be able to skate using forward and backward crossovers. SCNV members can register for $30! Spots are limited, so register early if you’re interested in attending. The SCNV Shop has tickets available now! Reach out to email@example.com is you have any questions about the seminar.
The Graduating Seniors Award is back! The award application is now officially open, for all high school skaters who are graduating in the spring of 2024. You can access the application here. This application link is also posted on the Graduating Seniors page on Members Only.
Application Timeline (All deadlines are as of 11:59 p.m. MST):
- General application deadline: March 18, 2024
- Late application deadline: June 30, 2024
Thinking of uncrowded ice time for your upcoming virtual tests? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability. Latest schedule is on our website calendar, and posted at the club bulletin board across the skate rental counter. Members (ISI FS2+ or age 18+ years) welcome to drop in anytime with the following schedule:
- Sunday Freestyle sessions (50 minutes) at 11:10am to 12:00pm
- Monday Freestyle sessions (60 minutes) at 8:05pm to 9:05pm
- Monday Solo Pattern Dance sessions (2 classes of 20 minutes each) at 7:25pm to 8:05pm
See our Club Ice web page for details. Skaters must be a club associate or secondary member to apply.
What are the two primary reasons skaters include a layback spin in their program?
Answer: to gain points and show flexibility (source: Sports Foundation)