In this issue …
- Annual Banquet Volunteers – Thank You!
- Virginia Ice Theatre at Wichita for TOI Nationals!
- Club Membership Renewal – 6/30
- Club Committees Survey! – 7/15
- Club Family Picnic – 8/21
- Did you know?!
Annual Banquet Volunteers – Thank You!
And a super big “Thank You!” to all our volunteers that made our 6/12 Annual Banquet a success! Also, the entire club wishes our Class of 2022 seniors all the best in their future careers and adventures! You made it!
- Alexis Adelstein : Yorktown HS : University of California Los Angeles
- Anna Weiss : WT Woodson HS : Brandeis University
- Elizabeth Chuang : James Madison HS : University of Virginia
- Mai Friedman : Oakton HS : University of Virginia
- Martha Centofanti : Katherine Thomas School : Montgomery College
- Megan Oria : Forest Park HS : George Mason University
- Micki Ross : Woodbridge Senior HS : Virginia Tech
- Miranda DellaVedova : South County HS : Northern Virginia Community College
- Sophia Baez : Robinson Secondary School : University of Virginia
- Sophia High : Battlefield HS : Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Amelia O’Brien-Weston : WT Woodson HS : Miami University
- Harkiran Singh : WT Woodson HS : University of Virginia
- Alana Farren
- Amanda Monroe
- Ashley Fuentes
- Kara Fallgren
- Michaela Kieffer
- Michelle Caceres
Virginia Ice Theatre at Wichita for TOI Nationals!
Our TOI team — Virginia Ice Theatre — competes this week at TOI Nationals in Wichita, KS! The club wishes the four VIT TOI teams best of luck and safe travels! Go VIT!
Club Membership Renewal – 6/30
Our annual club membership renewal cycle is underway! Please remember to renew your and/or your skater’s membership by 6/30 to ensure your eligibility for any USFS event registrations, test sessions, club ice, synchro/TOI, etc.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com. Anyone from the club board can help as well.
Club Committees Survey! – 7/15
With the start of the new 2022-2023 season, please help our club volunteers improve your skating experience by completing the following online customer survey by July 15th:
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Family Picnic – 8/21
Last day to party before school begins! Please SAVE THE DATE on Sunday, 8/21 for our club Family Picnic! Let’s celebrate the end of summer at Lake Accotink McLaren-Sargent Shelter (last year’s Annual Banquet outdoor venue).
Interested in helping out? Please contact email@example.com.
Did You Know?!
Per ESPN’s survey on the most difficult sport as an athlete based on 10 key parameters (endurance, strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, nerve (i.e. overcome fear), durability, hand-eye coordination, analytic aptitude); the winter sports of ice hockey (#2), alpine skiing (#11), speed skating (#17) and figure skating (#19) rank in the top third out of 60 total types of sports.