The SCNV Collegiate Scholarship program assists eligible SCNV members who are graduating high school seniors and who are intending to pursue college full-time at an accredited institution during the upcoming academic year. Each scholarship is intended to honor a skater who has shown dedication to the sport of figure skating by testing and/or competing, or who represents SCNV through maintaining a skating training regimen, and who also sets consistent standards of good citizenship and sportsmanship, while achieving academically. The SCNV Collegiate Scholarship program is also intended to promote long-term membership in SCNV and to encourage figure skating after high school. All correspondence and award agreements will be generated from the personal information submitted below.
Applicants must satisfy the following:
- Be a Primary Member (full or associate) of SCNV in the current year and the two previous years;
- Subscribed to Club Ice during at least one of the last three years (Theatre on Ice or National Blades is considered subscribed);
- Be a member in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating;
- Be a high school graduating senior; and
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
Application Requirements: (1) Application form (2) High School Transcript (cumulative through 7th semester), and a 500 – 750 word essay on what skating has taught you.
Essay topic description: the applicant must write an essay consisting of 500 to 750 words that describes a lesson or lessons learned from his/her skating experience that can be applied to other areas of the skater’s life, past, present and potential future implications.
Interested students must submit the complete application form, essay and a current and complete transcript of grades which includes the 7th semester (first semester of the senior year) to SCNV Awards Committee submitted/postmarked no later than March 28, 2021.
Please check back in early 2021 for the online application.
2019-2020 – Collegiate Scholarship Award Recipients
|Antonio Jose Maravilla||Bernice Trapp|
2018-2019 – Collegiate Scholarship Award Recipients
|Kimmie Nguyen||Sylvie Hautbois||–||–|
|Anusheka Khullar||Ashley Kim||Erin Lyons||Sheral Patel||Parisha Zinzuwadia|
2017-2018 – Collegiate Scholarship Award Recipients
|Caitlin Colsia||Anna Rashkover||Joanna Di Scipio|